Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 11 - Typhoon Sanba

As some of might have read from the news, the super Typhoon Sanba hit the Japanese prefecture, Okinawa, this morning.

I first heard of typhoon warnings from Hiro-san and Nigel yesterday and was a wee bit disappointed that I won't be able to go to the city today.

This was actually my first encounter with a typhoon and honestly I was a little freaked out at first, then I took comfort in knowing that Okinawa is very far away from Fukuoka and that my area was thankfully protected by mountains. And not forgetting God being here to strengthen me, plus all the loving prayers my friends back at home have prayed along with me!

So, there were not very strong winds today, although it did rain the entire day which made going out virtually impossible.

Well, more time to do my work then!

Anyway, if you guys want to know more about the typhoon, I managed to find a clip about the typhoon hitting Okinawa:


Typhoon Sanba slams Okinawa 投稿者 reuters

I read from another article that there were no major injuries involved. SO THANK GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!