Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 13 - Shopping in the City

Setting off to the city again~

After not being able to go to the city during the weekend and being cooped up in the house, I was dying to go to the city again. This time for pure retail 'therapy'.



An ad on the train:
25,400,000 yen = S$395,376
About the price of a HDB (Singapore's public housing)!

1st stop of the day: UDON SHOP
YUMMILICIOUS

They have this bowl of tempura that customers can just garnish their food with.

Exterior of the Udon shop.

Really comfortable shoes I bought!

A bag of donuts

Fukuoka Art Museum, which happened to be closed today.

Really really fresh grapes!
You don't even need to be bothered much about checking to see if they're fresh.

Tempura stuff that you can just pick and buy.

Looks so yummy!

Takoyaki! I HAD TO BUY THIS.

Desserts

AGEDASHI TOFU! *LOVES*
But I was already packing my basket with too much food.
Maybe next time.

Some mochi thing I presume?
Didn't try.

Fancy any Japanese Yakult?

SASHIMI!!

Japanese KFC

Japanese KFC menu.
I tried looking for whipped potato but I don't think they have it here.
:(

YOSHINOYA

I really really wanted to go look for a Yoshinoya outlet because I went to one in Tokyo once many years back and I had such fond, delicious memories of the food there. It was so different than the ones back home where everything looked and tasted like instant processed food.

I was really glad to have unlimited 3G (came with the SIM card I rented) so I could use Google Maps to find out exactly the location of the outlet in Tenjin. It took me a while though (I have really bad sense of direction.. and I actually went into an arcade building before turning round the corner where I spotted Yoshinoya.. Blur me!).

FOUND IT AT LAST!

Dinner time!

Honestly, I was kind of disappointed. I thought I remembered food being served on a hotplate the last time I was in a Japanese Yoshinoya outlet. Maybe I remembered wrong?

The salmon was full of bones so it literally a pain to try get the bones out. But still, at least I finally Yoshinoya.

Maybe I should just go back to the regular ramen, udon and bento. OH I HAVE YET TO TRY THEIR CURRY RICE. I SHOULD TRY IT ONE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!