Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 17 - Cycling trip

(Apologies for the backlog of posts that I have yet to post, including this one)

This post would have been dated 22 September 2012.

This was the day I got a little bored of the city and I just wanted to cycle around. I had this Itoshima map which I had circled a few places I wanted to go - one of which was the Ito Local Art Museum. It's kind of like 3 train stations away, and I didn't want to waste money on the train, so I decided to take a cycling trip there.. anyway it wouldn't hurt to practice cycling a bit more.



Sights along the way...







Itoshima Local Art Museum





I was a little disappointed at the museum because it's a really small one. Maybe I was too accustomed to big museums like the ones I have seen back in Singapore or even during my trip to London. But anyway, it was still an interesting experience and the museum curator (I think) was really nice and helpful (even though I didn't understand a word she was saying).

There were sculptures on the 2nd floor but I think photography wasn't allowed so I didn't take any photos. There were sculptures of fishermen, women with children etc. I actually enjoyed looking at them - the details, the pose, proportions. It's a real wonder how people can create such majestic and beautiful things from rocks.


The cycling trip back..

It started to drizzle and eventually rain on my way back. So I had to make some stops along the way for shelter. I needed something to eat anyway. In a way, I guess the rain was a blessing in disguise, I wouldn't have discovered some of these places if not for the rain.

A bridge. I was rushing through this shot coz I didn't want to linger too long in the rain.

1st shelter stop: Ishimura, kind of like a dessert/sweet shop.


2nd stop: Joyfull restaurant for dinner.
I think Joyfull is pretty popular here. I see it almost everywhere.

Free-flow drinks! They even have soup (at the right of this picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!