Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 3 - Almost half a week!

I woke up this morning to the unfamiliar yet familiar surroundings of my Japanese bedroom. It had been raining all night long and into the day - my first wet weather in Japan. (well, it was actually raining yesterday but was only for a short while).

Today, I went to the studio and started working on drawing. So I just started some figure drawing exercises and Hiro-san told me that I could borrow some books which might help me in some ways.

ok, my drawing skill has turned rusty.



So, I looked around the library and found a fellow Singaporean's art book! His name is Justin Lee, and he was here in February for the art residency program as well. All his works brought back so much nostalgia!



The Danger sign is indeed unique-ly Singapore!

It's so good to find something Singaporean here!

Ahh.. so Singaporean!

Yes indeed. HOME.


On-sen aka hot spring

Hot Spring



It's kind of like my second time (I went to Tokyo a few years back and I tried it once.. wait.. or was it in Taiwan? I can't remember) BUT ALONE! Basically, I just tried asking the locals around how to go about doing it - I just said "Wakarimasen" ("I don't understand" in Japanese), shrugged my shoulders and pointed around to let them know that I don't know anything about being in a hot spring. So they were all very kind and even though I still couldn't understand a word they said, I could at least make out the actions they were making. Haha. What an interesting experience!

I was so glad that they had a food place just downstairs (so I don't have to hunt for a nearby food place tonight)! Muahaha JAPANESE RICE! I mean, I can cook noodles at my house coz it's easy, but I'm just too lazy to buy a packet of rice and cook it. It's just not that economical to cook rice.



You order your food by buying a ticket.
I ordered a 'hamburger' set.

Hello! Meet Hiro-san and Nigel!

Oishi 'hamburger' set!


And look! Japanese vending-machine ice cream! They are almost rock-solid - which is cool because I don't have to worry about it melting.

:) Macadamia nut ice-cream :)


Anyway, on a side-note, I finally thought of an idea for my showcase. It's something that I think would express myself best but yet I thought it would be rather cheesy, but after consulting some people and they think it's a great idea, I've decided to go ahead with it.

I just hope that I'll be able to finish it in time! *will have to start working on it on Monday by hook or by crook*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!