Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 2

Well, nothing much actually. Basically just got up late in the morning and headed over to the studio to start brainstorming and exploiting the wifi to surf YouTube for some inspiration.

Honestly, I don't really know what I'm going to do yet, so I'm pretty nervous about it. I have to consider also practical aspects. I have about half a month to work on it (minus the exhibition dates and of course the hideous amounts of time taken for rendering and changes etc), so I obviously cannot do a 1 minute shortfilm with a full character. So... God, what kind of work would You want me to produce? :)


Anyway, I met the other artist who's also on the residency program today - Nigel from the UK (Italy I believe). He's a professional photographer (in his late 30s) and quite a nice guy! And he's got 2 projects coming during his stay here, so I think he's pretty nervous about it as well (he seems to have more work going on than me). He's shared his project ideas with me and they're really interesting. I can't wait to see the final artworks. :)

Went to a ramen shop today for dinner (about 10 min cycling trip away). Couldn't understand a word of what the lady boss was saying and I couldn't really read the menu. So I whipped out my Japanese-English dictionary and started pointing to the line "I don't speak Japanese". The lady boss gave me a really kind and warm smile and helped me along with my order.

The ramen shop

THE FOOD IS SO AWESOME! And a bowl of ramen only costs 300 yen! That's like S$4.74.

The menu

Shop's interior

RAMEN AND GYOZA! =D

Some more scenery pictures

I hope I'd get to go to the city more often, so I don't have to keep posting photos of the countryside. Just got to get my lazy butt going.



A signboard that's showing the direction to a hotspring.






'Ma-ma' shop aka small provision shop according to Singaporeans

Studio Kura


The area where we work at.
(you can see my bag and laptop here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!