Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 4 - In the city

Good morning world!
I decided to take a morning walk down to the Ikisan train station which will take me to the city (aka Tenjin). Maybe I'm not that used to living in the countryside yet - the walk took me about 40 min! But I'm just thankful that I made it. And the station staff was really helpful in telling me which train to take. And nope, he didn't speak a word of English. Just actions. =)

You just never really know how important body language and actions are when you've lost your 'ability' to communicate verbally.



Kura - rice fields (en route to the train station)

The sign that leads to the train station.


Ikisan to Tenjin. 650 yen. =O

@ Tenjin City

You don't see buses in the countryside.

UDON SHOP. I'm so gonna try this the next time I visit the city.

My first fast food in Japan.

Atsuko-san, a fellow artist at Studio Kura, brought me to the 'Koo-ki Special' animation screening at the Fukuoka Asian Art Museum today. Thank God she speaks a little English which helped a lot in communication in general! And I'm so so so grateful that she drove (because she drove me back to the studio, which saved me from walking back in the rain from the train station).

September is the Fukuoka Asian Month and I saw some posters that were displaying some artworks from Taiwan, Korea etc. So, maybe, if time permits, I'll visit the museum more often. I guess I'm at the right place at the right time!

More information about the Fukuoka Asian Month: http://www.asianmonth.com/en/

Fukuoka Asian Art Museum
So anyway, Koo-ki special. It's the first time I've heard of this studio and so the screening was showing their works (for more information, check this link out: http://www.koo-ki.co.jp/site/en/entertainment/). Although the clips were all in Japanese, but with the visual images, I was still able to make out what the basic story is about. Indeed, short films (or anything visual) are less dialogue and more action.


My free pass to the Kooki special
I really enjoyed myself and some of their short films are really cute and funny.

Here's a sneak peek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SWBO8CG6jM
(sorry, I'm not allowed to embed it, but enjoy!)

I was invited to sign on this shirt :)
But don't bother to look for it here (I signed on the back of the shirt haha)


That's Atsuko-san and me!
I must say that I feel so pampered by the Japanese hospitality. Everybody's been so kind and helpful to me even when they know I do not speak Japanese (although I think I did piss one off when I was at UNIQLO and I forgot to take off my shoes while going into the fitting room).

I asked Atsuko-san if I could buy a bento back for dinner and she immediately brought me to her favourite Bento place - Hotto Motto.


Hotto Motto

And that's my dinner for today!
*I'm so glad that I have wifi in the house now*

OK MUST GET TO WORK TOMORROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!