Friday, September 21, 2012

Days 14 & 15

I woke up late and so I'm speed typing this away while I wait for breakfast to boil (boiling eggs and water for tea). I'm planning to go to the city again (Hakata), to try some Hakata ramen, so I gotta try and leave the house as early as I can and return preferably before the sky turns dark. TGIF!

Updates for Days 14 & 15 (the days are starting to blur..which might be because I'm starting to get used to this place. I think I'm really really gonna miss this place when I go back home).

More Japanese Food!

Takoyaki and some tofu stuff bought from supermarket



Cycled to the 7-11 store

Disney-themed dessert in a cup


I wonder if these are already cooked, or whether I need to boil them.
(I didn't try)

Makino Udon

Atsuko-san told me about this Makino Udon place that I HAD TO TRY. And me, being a crazy udon fan (actually, now slowly converting to ramen.. BUT ONLY FUKUOKA RAMEN), I absolutely had to take some time off to go check it out! Besides, it's just only about half an hour cycling trip away (including the time taken to try figure out the map along the way)?

Apparently, this udon chain is really famous around here and almost everybody here has compliments about this place!

So, I googled it up and I found a video that might help you get a clearer idea of the place:
(Just the first part's useful though. The second part's only about a dog...)



I love the way they spam the onions into the bowl! I love it!


FINALLY FOUND IT!



Interior of the place.
Some of the staff are actually able to speak English!

GOTTA LOVE 'EM ONIONS!

Just looking at the picture makes me salivate all over again.

Ordering chit.
They actually have "soft", "medium" and "hard" udon!

Machines that knead the udon dough

More interior photos.

The toilet's outdoors. At first impression, one would think that it's really smelly and dirty.
At least, in Singapore, toilets that look like that will probably gross me out.
But I was pleasantly surprised that it's actually really clean inside!

The pink bike I borrowed which has a new pink lock!

More countryside pictures





I think those are cherry tomatoes they are growing inside.

Harvested field

And my absolute favourite shot of the day:

Orange and purple hues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!