Friday, September 14, 2012

Days 8 & 9 - The work continues

I've basically been just alternating between the studio and the house these days. There's just so much to do! Otherwise I would have taken advantage of the good weather yesterday to go to the city.

I shan't bore my readers with my project (I'm having fun doing it actually, but I'll reveal more in the days to come), so on to some pictures I took! Again

Studio Kura in preparation for the Itoshima Arts Farm Festival

Recently, the studio has been really busy with many artists coming in and out. There were some artworks going in and out as well. Too bad I forgot to snap some pictures of the artwork and the artists.

Anyway, I'll pop by tomorrow at 12pm because I think there's a rice eating event going on at the rice field. So, I'LL DEFINITELY BRING MY CAMERA! And I pray that the weather will be good.

These are some pictures I've managed to snap today. Unfortunately, the studio's dead quiet today haha (so I can't take pictures of the busyness) - I think everyone has gone to the exhibition venue to set up and stuff.


Picture frames that Nigel will be using.
Oh, I can't wait to see his work!

A painting that an artist was working on.
I'd love to try oil painting one day.

Some signboards that staff/artists here were busying themselves with yesterday.

Some other amazing pictures

The Japanese are really some ingenious people. Today, I'm showing some snapshots of cars. Haha.

To go out and come back in, the car has to go over the curb and bushes.
And I wonder how he/she actually parks from the middle of the busy expressway.
(yes the road in the foreground is an expressway)
Maybe it's common for people here, but not so in Singapore.
We are too afraid to have any single scratch on our cars.

I was cycling along the field today AND I SAW THIS STICKING OUT
OF THE RICE FIELD! I wonder....

You are probably sick of pictures of rice fields (or 'kura' in Japanese), but I'm going to show them anyway.

I'm growing fonder of this view everyday.
I think it somehow also makes the air cooler.
Maybe you can view this image full-screen and try to imagine the vast field that stretches endlessly.

Close-up of the rice crop.
I've seen these in textbooks and the Internet, and I finally see it up close!
It's not ready for harvesting yet though. Hasn't turned yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!