Saturday, September 29, 2012

Days 22 & 23 - Roaming The Streets and Eating Sushi

Day 22 was when I 'hermit-ted' myself in the studio and house to finish up my short film. So nothing much to update there, except THAT IT IS FINALLY COMPLETED!

I'm now just taking a day at a time. I've got rough plans on what remaining things I want to do, like visiting the on-sen again, checking out museums, shopping etc, but I'm just taking it slow - maybe even leaving it to spontaneity.

So on Day 23, I went to the city to buy some souvenirs/snacks for my folks back at home.

Some sights along the way to Tenjin,
and Tenjin itself




Forget Farmville already!

Some of the cutest bread I found.
I know I've probably said it before, but the Japanese really know excellence in food presentation (tastes good btw too)!

Bread with noodles inside. Not a big fan..but interesting.

@ Disney Store.
It's so fluffy!

Found this in the "Dressing" department in a grocery store.
Corn dressing anyone?

Really glad I could unwind for a while with my favourite drink in Japan.
I think it's some Matcha milkshake thing.
I fell in love with it the first time I had it (last week I think)..
I thought I'd never really like matcha-flavoured stuff, but this changed my mind.

Very common sight in Japan. I'm so envious at how they can cycle and hold an umbrella at the same time.
It's something I can NEVER do, and something I wouldn't attempt.

Road side food stall which I may not get the chance to try *sobs*


Watching Professional Nigel Do His Thing

Since I was so free, I was invited to go check out Nigel's photoshoot of Atsuko-san. By the way, Nigel's project is really really cool. I really love the concept behind his project - it's about stereotypes in different countries. So he's been going around the globe on artist residency programs and taking photographs of his subjects. Really really cool stuff there. If you want to check out his work: http://nigelbennet.com/

When I arrived with Hiro-san, I saw a little commotion and realised that it's staged such that there are reflections of people walking in the street.
By the way, I was 'forced' to join the walking crew too.. without an umbrella in the rain because I didn't bring my umbrella out.

Okame Sushi - The Traditional Way

We all went for dinner together after the shoot and we went to Okame Sushi for dinner. Everything was in Japanese so I just went along with what everybody ordered.

I think it's probably about as traditional as it can get. I'll stop the talking and let the pictures speak for themselves.

First, we were given warm towels for our hands.

Maki-san, Atsuko-san and Hiro-san

Nigel - trying to look cool.
By the way, notice the black counter in front of Nigel? That's kind of important, you might want to remember that.

Sushi-chefs (and I assume owner)
Really really friendly.

MY BIG CUP OF OCHA.
The rest were like having sake and beer. Since I don't like alcohol, I asked for Ocha instead.

MY FAVE TAMAGO SUSHI~
Notice how they serve it directly on the counter?

THE BEST VEGETABLE SUSHI I'VE HAD SO FAR (and only).
So fresh and green and healthy and YUMMY!

YOU EAT THE SUSHI WITH YOUR HANDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out to me!